SCT X3 Tuner and 6.0 PSD - Trying to find Detailed Descriptions

Metalhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the SCT X3 Tuner for my truck, and it's been night and day difference in power. So far, I've only used the preloaded Street tune, and have been real happy. These are the complete list of preloaded tunes:

1. Street
2. Performance
3. Towing 50hp
4. Towing 65hp
5. Trans Only

Does anyone have the actual numbers and descriptions of what each of these tunes adds to the truck? What I mean is HP and torque increase, and different characteristics of these tunes. On the tow tune, I know it increases the power output, but does it also alter the tranny and help keep the converter locked on slowdown? I'm surprised I can't find any good write up on the SCT site that details this.

If anyone has good info on this, I'd sure appreciate it.

Also, since I've got the street tune loaded right now, just wondering if that will be OK when I'm pulling my 3500 lb boat around. I'm sure the towing setting is more ideal, but I like the power of the street tune.

Thanks

atk

Reaction score
try going to SCT website technical support section. they should beable to answer your questions. may take a day or so to get a reply....

Tino578

The New Guy!
Reaction score
Can someone please help me out? I purchased a 04 f350 super can with a bully dog outlook display. now im trying to figure out if the computer has been flashed or if a chip was installed the truck goes like a bastard. I unplugged the outlook from the obd2 connector so it wouldn't work but still seems to have a lot of sack without the outlook connected could someone help me out im trying to find what i have.

PART2: Just purchased the sct x3 tuner. before I install it should I have ford put the factory flash back in it or should I pull the flash out and use that as my "factory Flash"? I'm guessing that its a bully dog flash seeing that there's an outlook. Anybody thought will help greatly

Thanks

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the outlook is just a monitor as far as I know so unplugging it would kill any power adder
you may have something loaded ? can u ask the seller?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58