SCT xcal2 or Bully dog triple dog?

04TurboStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Im new to this site. Im also a noobie to diesels. I just got into diesels not long ago. I use to be into rice, until the day I got my 04 F350 PSD. My mods are a AFE stage 2 w/ pro gaurd, 5in MBRP exhaust with muff and cat delete, and a pro comp lift kit. Its amazing what these diesels are capable of doing. I dont really race my truck, well I do sometimes. Its a farm truck and daily driven on the road. I would really like to see what it can do at the track this summer. Im going for basic mods, nothing too BIG. Shopping for my exhaust and my intake was easy, but im having a hard time choosing what programmer or downloader to put on my truck. I either wanna go with the Bully dog triple dog or the SCT xcal2. What outa the 2 would you reccomend I get?:dunno

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my 2cents on bullydog. I have their dual exhaust and their powerhound adjustable module on my 7.3. I have found that their products are very good along with their customer service. My powerhound module also seems to make more power than my superchips downloader.

Last edited:

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all due respect to our early responders :)

if you care talking about tuning a 6.0, The xCal2 is the way to go... www.sctflash.com or one of the sponsors here...

controls engine and tranny completely...

while I'm not sure of the latest releases by Bully-dog, if they say they "defuel" to control the tranny - that, my friend, says we don't reprogram the tranny to handle the new power, we just turn off the power to let the tranny figure out what we are doing....

ask the early 03 users of bully dog and yo might fin some tranny repairs in there... IMHO... :)

budtoh3zo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got tranny repairs, But i abused it bad 4x4 launches build boost to 10-15 PSI. Huge break stands tires would only last me 20,000 km. Tranny lasted 60,000 km

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do the same :) and no tranny issues on either the 03 or 05.... and mines an EX so much more weight getting launched ;)

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of good things about the sc2 from many people and haven't heard much on bully dog except from one guy. this was a guy a 4 wheel parts and when i asked about blly dog he said that he would not sell me anything but their exhaust and these guys have always been pretty straight with me. just one mans opinion for what its worth

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the bully dog, and love it! givin its in a dodge but i drove a ford with the bully dog and it was just as good! my fav feature is you can adjust the tuning while driving down the road! when i get my ford i will use the same bully dog im using now! thats the other good thing mine works with the cummins the 6.0 and the duramax, so selling its a breeze if youd want or if you switch brands, (which if you have a ford, never switch,youll be sorry you did....)

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the reason I like my bullydog fully adjustable on the fly.
It really depends on what you want but I would reccomend something that is fully adjustable on the fly.

PainTrain

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know this is kind of a late post, but my first tuner on my truck was the Bully Dog Triple Dog with the Outlook Monitor. After being spanked by a 6.0 with the SCT XCal 2 it was a no brainer. I sold my Triple Dog and got the SCT through innovativediesel.com. They gave me the extra extreme power files and there is really no question the SCT was the better product. I got my custom tuned for $450 shipped. When Im in 4x4 my lowest 0-60 time was 4.32 seconds (according to the Outlook). The SCT just has better throttle response and you can feel the power all the way through the powerband, right up to 4K rpm and then you get a nice firm shift. The only problem I have had with it is I can't seem to keep any tread on my tires :cool: I hope this helps in some way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl