SD Dash quit working

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 SD 350 Diesel and all of the sudden all of the gauges and the wait light stopped working. Everything else is okay, it runs and starts fine and I have not found a bad fuse. Any ideas?

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have checked all relays, breakers, fuses, and ignition switch and everything tests okay. I am told this is a common problem and that something goes wrong in the cluster itself. Hoping someone has experience with this.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
A while back I was having an assortment of electrical gremlins, including the instrument cluster dieing. To make a long story short, it was bad connections to the battery, bigtime voltage drop between the post and the cable. I cleaned the connections real good and all the gremlins went away.

johnson1781

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have checked all relays, breakers, fuses, and ignition switch and everything tests okay. I am told this is a common problem and that something goes wrong in the cluster itself. Hoping someone has experience with this.

Well mine is a 2004 and doing the same thing.Clened battery connections.Checked fuses and relays.Pull dash cluster fuse and it resets a hidden relay under dash.I hear a click but can not locate relay.On mine it resets till I turn key on then it trips.No gauges radio dome lite or the chimes like key open door lights on.Pull the fuse they work.
Update/Removed instrument cluster There is three wiring harnesses.Two are sibe by side on left side.One is on right side.I unplugged all three but when I plug the one on the right side only turn key on it trips the relay off.Does any one know where all these wire go?Realy need a wiring diagram becaus it might lead to the short.

Last edited:

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe?

You might want to check this thread. Maybe the problem is in the wiring to the OD switch. The only difference for me was my throttle also wouldn't work, and it was Fuse #45 IIRC that kept blowing from the dead short. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14