SD HPOP

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 94 & 95 trucks have one way drain valves that keep the HPOP res full desinged into the HPOP there was a change in the HPOP and front cover design for the 96 & up trucks that moved the anti drainback fittings into the front cover and out of the HPOP.

simply switching the HPOP will give you the power but when you try to start it in the morning you are going to have to fill the HPOP reservoir either by hand or by turning the engine over before you can actually start the truck.

There have been serval people who have made an oil accumulator to go ontop of the engine that requires them to flip switch wait 15 seconds for oil to drain into HPOP res then start truck. IIRC powerstroke2000 & NIT on TDS had them but those threads might be difficult to find now.

If you look at BDP's page on his stealth pump he states that there will be no drainback issues or something of that nature.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
BJS said:
in the morning you are going to have to fill the HPOP reservoir either by hand or by turning the engine over before you can actually start the truck.

95_stroker said:
What did I get myself into? :roflmao

This...:roflmao

gw001.gif

Last edited:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
GEEEZE Mike that sure is a primative way to make a little more horsepower.:lmao :deal :laffup :tounge

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
BJS said:
the 94 & 95 trucks have one way drain valves that keep the HPOP res full desinged into the HPOP there was a change in the HPOP and front cover design for the 96 & up trucks that moved the anti drainback fittings into the front cover and out of the HPOP.

simply switching the HPOP will give you the power but when you try to start it in the morning you are going to have to fill the HPOP reservoir either by hand or by turning the engine over before you can actually start the truck.

There have been serval people who have made an oil accumulator to go ontop of the engine that requires them to flip switch wait 15 seconds for oil to drain into HPOP res then start truck. IIRC powerstroke2000 & NIT on TDS had them but those threads might be difficult to find now.

If you look at BDP's page on his stealth pump he states that there will be no drainback issues or something of that nature.
Ok,

Good info, I think I'll drop PS200 a PM over at TDS to pick his brain a little. Will the guts from the SD HPOP slide into my HPOP housing?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Ok,

Good info, I think I'll drop PS200 a PM over at TDS to pick his brain a little. Will the guts from the SD HPOP slide into my HPOP housing?

:cop :cop :watchout
venture to the dark side.......what will the neighbors think-popcorn :rolleyes:

Radarman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go with a Supter Duty 02 pump, you will have a HP oil tank bleed down issue. Basically, the 94 and 95 HPOP has a check valve located in the pump to keep oil in the tank, and the later years have that check valve in the tank itself. There are several fixes to address the bleed down problem, and all are around $250-400 bucks, depending on what you choose.

Nit (on TheDieselStop) has a nice homebuilt setup that works very well, or you can go with a Canton accusump or AMS-Oiler Pre-charger.

All three of the above systems are wired into the glowplug circuit, and plumbed into the HPOP tank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58