SD HPOP

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
If I were to replace the HPOP on my '97 with the 17* pump for a SD, what part number would I be looking for?? I think among other problems my HPOP is getting weak so it would be a good chance to upgrade in order to handle future injector upgrade :sly

Thanks,
Casey

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
direct bolt in for you, some have indicated that you may need to use your IPR but other have been able to use the SD IPR.

Any 99.5 up HPOP for the 7.3L will work fine for you.

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
Be careful about what you buy. I have been told that when the pumps are rebuilt they pay no attention to which pumps need the humped cover and which are the 15degree. the only way to know for sure is to pull the rear cover and look for the bushing. the 15degree have a bearing the 17 have a bushing. Hint after you pull out the snap ring use air pressure in the inlet to get the plate out. That is how I understand it and it worked for me. I got a 17 that happened to have a humped cover but it's not a guarantee.

Alan

3-StarJ.R.

53 year old kid.....
Reaction score
Good Info Alan! I remembered about the bearing and the bushing....just couldn't remember which one had which?:oops: :oops: If I were ordering another 17° pump, (CRM) I would make it clear with the vendor during the ordering process, that if I found the bearing, he was gonna get it back......

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
The HPOP im looking at now is a CRM unit...Is there ANYTHING that will not be a direct bolt on about the swap?? As I understand it they are completely interchangeable. I may be repeating myself, I just don't like surprises when the old part is out, and im dirty trying to fit the new round part in a square hole...

Thanks Guys,
Casey

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
If it doesn't come with a new ipr (mine didn't) just switch them out and your good to go. since yours is also a 97 theres no drain back issues. Oh I think you also have to switch the fittings since the newer ones are quick disconnects and ours aren't.

Alan

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
Darth_Stroker said:
If it doesn't come with a new ipr (mine didn't) just switch them out and your good to go. since yours is also a 97 theres no drain back issues. Oh I think you also have to switch the fittings since the newer ones are quick disconnects and ours aren't.

Alan

Awesome....looks like I am going to end up with a new 17* !! :sweet

Thanks for the info.

-Casey

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14