sd turbo on a obs?

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im interested on buying a turbo that came off a sd with a 7.3.before i do i just want to know if it will work,with it being wastegated.also if it does work is it worth a couple hundered bucks,seller says it has about 100k on it and has no play,or minimal,also has a ar 1.00 housing,will i see any benefit if ti works?

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score

The super duties are known for compressor surge for one. The only highpoint would be if you can get it complete all the way from the uppipes to the intakes, then you would be setup for a drop in ball bearing or something else. The aftermarket is alot bigger for super duties.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
The OBS trucks are not intercooled, the SD's are. Thats why the turbo is WG'd on the SD, the SD turbo also has a less aggressive compressor wheel (hence the WW mod for the SD's) and also the SD's PCM is programmed for the WG controller where the OBS isnt... just a big old hassle for no better of a turbo and probably less of a turbo actually.

Did I get enough acronyms in that post fer ya? :D

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and not to mention that to make the swap work you need not just the turbo & mount you need the up-pipes for sure and I believe you need the manifolds also.

If you want a smaller exhaust housing they make them for the OBS trucks that work well with your stock injectors.

If you want a wastegate then look @ ATS's exhuast wastegated exhaust housing for OBS trucks

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
D66 is really one of the only drop in replacements for the OBS trucks.

But the H2E is a nice replacement also :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58