Question seat belt bell. ( dinger )

SSCCOOTTII

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok.... I know its about the saftey and the law. but I want to deactivate the seat belt pain in the but bell. There was a fix for that on the 7.3 Is it the same or a different sequence through the computer.?

Thanks for any help.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Your owners manual will (should?) give you step by step instructions on disabling the chime.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
X2. The instructions are a little different from the 99-07's, though. Its in the index under "Belt-Minder" and then you follow that section to "Disable".

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the owners manual.. I will check it out.

Thanks again.

I'd just tell you straight up if I knew it off the top of my head but it is a truly bizarre procedure that goes something like get vehicle up to 30 mph and connect and disconnect the seatbelt like 5 times in 30 seconds while you are singing showtunes with your hair on fire.

Nharmswhey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i know in all my fords ive had gas and diesel its been the same up to my 06 f250. You turn the key on(dont start) and wait approx 1 min for the seat belt animated guy to go away then buckle and unbuckle the belt 9 times ending up with it unbuckled then it will flash and immediately buckle/unbuckle one time and it will then flash 3 times meaning it reset the computer. Thats all from memory too so the times it flashes might be wrong but it works for me. Good Luck

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just tell you straight up if I knew it off the top of my head but it is a truly bizarre procedure that goes something like get vehicle up to 30 mph and connect and disconnect the seatbelt like 5 times in 30 seconds while you are singing showtunes with your hair on fire.

LOL!!! What a great picture!!!!!!!:lmao:lmao:lmao

SSCCOOTTII

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cool. thank for the info. I still have the sequence for the 7.3 it is strange turn key on push brake pedal, turn the radio on and windshield wipers put your beer down and sing... all kinds of crap like that. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58