Reaction score
whens the last time you scanned it ???
youre SERIOUSLY playin' w/ fire here...and if you understood
what seat belt pretensioners did you'd understand youre taking
a completely unnecessary chance !

jck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The seat belt is a mechanical device that responds to the forward force that is directly applied at given speed; just like the passenger side seat belt or rear belts on the crew cabs, the sound is gone the truck runs great.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no sorry thats NOT how they work anymore...impact sensors, pretensioners
all are part of the airbag deployment system.

jck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes that is still how they work. However I will give you that the pretensioner works in conjunction with the seatbelt to take up SLACK when a crash or sudden deceleration is detected. This is intended to put you in the correct position for air bag deployment. This also has a counter-measure to ensure the belt does not over tighten but that’s another story. Without the pretensioner and the air bag the seat belt still works.

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
I cheated and hooked mine behind the seat. lol I couldn't get that procedure sp to work for me. I tried quite a few times before I gave up.

JSPulliam21

Uva Uvam Vivendo Vari Fit
Reaction score
If you have access to a mill you could just make a copy of the metal piece of the seat belt latch and stick it in there when you want the chime off. Make it a little longer than normal so you can get it back out, though.

amtx915

EP Powder Coating
Reaction score
If you have access to a mill you could just make a copy of the metal piece of the seat belt latch and stick it in there when you want the chime off. Make it a little longer than normal so you can get it back out, though.

:sweet Now that's a good idea. I'm gonna try to machine a piece tmo at the shop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58