seat beltminder disable ?

sparky

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am trying to disable that annoying chime on the 06 F250. I get to step five in the owners manual and do not get the light to blink for me, am I doing something wrong? Also it seems to me that step 2 and 3 are contridicating each other. Step 2 says to wait for the light to go off, step 3 says that I can start the procedure while it is still on. I think I'm confused.:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have tried 20 times to disable mine and I can't get it to stop ringing. I have tried every thing in the proceedure to get it to stop ringing and nothing works for me. I will remove the seatbuckle wires at the connection under the seat. That or tie them together.

Dave

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
I disabled mine in my '05 using the directions in the book. Follow them exactly and don't read anything into them and it will work.:sweet

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Not related to the SD's, but I followed the directions to the TEE in my 03 Expedition and disabled the seat chime and the auto-door lock feature.whatawastethatfeatureis.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I do wear my seatbellt every time I get into the truck. I just don't like the thing dinging at me while I am putting it on. I also move the truck a few feet from time to time (Not on the roads) and don't want to hear it.

Dave

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Follow instructions exactly as in manual, count buckle / unbuckle cycles. The wait for the light to flash can take up to a minute...gotta be patient. Key in ignition alarm? Look under column, see tiny hole under lock cylinder? Insert key. Push in with scribe or awl, remove cylinder, put tape over orange colored piece. Put cyclinder back in. End of door chime because key is in.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sparky said:
Because I'm tired of the system holding me down man!!!
OK I see where you're coming from now. Plus the Ford truck seatbelts will continually lock up if the road's a little rough. You're trying to buckle the belt and you can't move it because of the locking mechanism. They're waaay too sensitive.

Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
OK I see where you're coming from now. Plus the Ford truck seatbelts will continually lock up if the road's a little rough. You're trying to buckle the belt and you can't move it because of the locking mechanism. They're waaay too sensitive.

You know - I wear my seat belt 100% of the time. But - when I am stopped, or moving around a job site, pull in and park and grab my notebook or something to make some notes, etc etc - I got tired of that damn thing going off all the time. In my 01 all you had to do was to push the release button and it would shut up. Not so in my 04. Tried to follow the directions - but I guess the stars where not lined up or something so I just unplugged it under the seat. End of problem.

Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14