Seat Heaters or Seat Warmers?

Merelind

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,:D

I have a "05" 6.0 F350 Lariat with seat heaters. My "heaters" seem to be at best, bun warmers. It takes quite awhile to feel any warmth at all and then it's not much. I would like to know if this is normal? :dunno
I just had all 4 of the heating pads replaced because there was "0" heat for both front seats. -mad
My last car heated like a toaster and started feeling warmer within 1 minute.

Great site! :thumbs

Thanks, Mark :thanks

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
mine seem to take a minute to get warm then the heat flows up to just warm my back then it fells like it cuts off for a few minutes and then my butt gets hot then the whole cycle starts over.
I have noticed and it could be just a freak coincidence. but with my aetc (spelling) on, the seats seem to adjust if i adjust the cabin temp.
it was 31 here this morning. I started at 85 cabin temp, then adjusted back down to 74,
remote started the truck. forgot to turn on defroster last night. ran out turned it on and the seat heat.
when i went back out the window was clear of ice but the seat was COLD, driving off it got warm, then cycled warm hot warm the whole way to work.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 02 and the 03 Ex used to BURN me almost they worked so well,
but they would automatically cycle off after about 10 minutes and we'd have to push the button again...
(DAMN the idiot they decided having to twist your head lean against the window and looked down while driving was a good thing :( :( :( )

on the 05 Ex, my wife asks if it's even working !!!
and noticed that the driver side gets warmer....
also this one is a manual on or off...
it stays that way thru start cycles even (which we like !)

but it's definetly not as hot as the 03 was...
I could tell in seconds if it was on....
and have LOL many times at my buds in the middle of summer if I sneak over there and turn their's on to see how long it takes them to notice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

It's time for it's first visit to the shop so we'll see what they say !

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
"(DAMN the idiot they decided having to twist your head lean against the window and looked down while driving was a good thing)"

pretty smart wasnt it.
let me take my eyes off the road to see if alittle yellow light is on. I am working with an idea to put tow small led s up on the dash somewheres to tell me HEY i am On.
will have to remeber the heat on summer trick:roflmao

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
Have you guys seen the setup in VW jetta? They have a little dial that you can select how hot you want to cook your arse. I am thinking about finding a junked on and ripping the sys out.

rum4by5

Reaction score
Don't have any but damn sure wouldn't mind them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58