Second Tank

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a second fuel tank under the bed? I have a 29 gallon tank and liked when they use to have two tanks.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Yeah why did they ever get rid of that, personally I thought it was a pretty damn good idear :dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I read somewhers on the super duties they went with one tank for ease of plumbing and lower cost.
put in one big tank vice two small 19 gallon ones
my 92 250 had two tanks it was still only 37-38 gallons total

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Dad has a 38 in his 06 SC long bed. I would like either that or a second

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I dont remember the exact numbers but I remember asking someone with a single what his capacity was and it being near the same as mine with 2. Never understood the point if it didnt raise capacity.

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
I had a '90 F250 with two 14 gallon tanks... whats the point? anyways I know transfer flow makes tanks that are over 40 gallons, depending on what setup you have...(CC, LB... CC SB and so on) I also know that they are around 1000 bucks... includes everything you need tho... I was gonna buy one for my old truck when I still had it... but then I saw the price tag....

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Norcal250 said:
I had a '90 F250 with two 14 gallon tanks... whats the point? anyways I know transfer flow makes tanks that are over 40 gallons, depending on what setup you have...(CC, LB... CC SB and so on) I also know that they are around 1000 bucks... includes everything you need tho... I was gonna buy one for my old truck when I still had it... but then I saw the price tag....

that 1k is exactly what stopped me from getting a bigger one for the new truck.
crazy 1k for a fuel tank:eek:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
you could always do a tank/toolbox combo in the bed? I wouldnt mind one of those myself.

Weweld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 19 in front of the rear axle and a 38 behind , both tanks came from F450's ran the lines and bought a switch and put it in.

GENE

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14