Seduced to the blue side

dieselpilot

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I did it. I've always been a Chevy diesel guy, always. Had a 6.2, then 3 6.5s with my last rig being a 96 8,600 Chevy SB. Never experienced any problems with this truck but after 10 years and 300,000 KMs I started thinking "new wheels". I visited my Chevy dealer but I didn't get that warm and fuzzy feeling I was looking for. As a matter of fact it felt like I wasn't entirely worthy of their time.

Now I had ridden in my buddy's Lariat and loved the ride and cab so I thought, why not. Anyway, to cut it short, I found the perfect truck, 05 F350 Lariat 4X4 SB Crew Cab, loved the truck and fell in love with the dealership. Man, you guys have been hiding something.

In 25 years of being a Chevy guy I never had the sales manager or service manager take me on a tour of the shop, explain their quick service program, introduce me to their diesel tech or talk general diesel stuff, never.

I bought the truck the next day and pick it up Thursday after they run it through their cleaning bay again. While it seemed fine to me, and I'm picky, the service manager wasn't quite as impressed and told the salesman to get it cleaned again, wow. They showed me all the service records and then I ran an OASIS report at our shop just because I'm such a trusting guy, lol.

Anyway, I don't know squat about the 6.0 but will sit back quietly and learn so I can keep the dumb questions to a minimum. However I know tons about GM stuff so I’m hoping the transition will be somewhat smooth.

DAMN, I haven’t even picked up the truck yet and I already love it, what else can be said. Incidentally, my 96 6.5 sold for 10,600 Canadian (that’s higher by 1,000 for same year rigs in Autotrader) at the same Ford dealer so that shows just how much I take care of my rigs.

Hope y’all have room for another member because I think I’ve been converted to the “blue side”.

Last edited:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. There are some things you need to know about your truck, but I'm a 7.3 guy and am only posting to say WELCOME ABOARD. You can learn alot after you spend some time reading the 6.0 forums. Don't be afraid to ask anything, at all.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD dieselpilot, I think you'll like your new ride, especially if the dealership continues to treat you the way they did.

The 05's were a solid year for the 6.0's with fewer and fewer problems reported that were in the 03 and early 04 models. Did you happen to run an OASIS report on the vehicle?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yeeeee haaaawww
6.0 rules
welcome aboard

seriously all psd's rule and even a few IDI 7.3 and 6.9's

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Welcome!

I just love my SD. So does everyone I meet, my son's friends, my daughter's friends, my wife's friends....

Baby sister has an '04 F-250 Harley-Davidson edition. Good taste in trucks runs in the family, I guess! :D

Don't listen to the horse hockey you may hear about the 6.0. Over 30,000 on the clock now and barely a hiccup, 17 mpg city, 21 highway with a TorqShift automatic.

Very soon, you will know the meaning of the "6.0 grin". :thumbs

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife said I couldn't have a street bike, so I bought one that weighs 7000lbs.,Fast yet safe. :)

You'll love your truck.

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you found the right truck and right dealer. We have some pretty knowledgeable folks, so, if you have questions? Ask! Ain't no stupid questions here!

I'm sitting here in a campground, having my last cup of coffee, before I pack up my 14,000 pound fifth wheel and head over the mountains (Coast Range) for home. I gotta admit, I still get a bit of a thrill out of driving this beast!:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14