selling engine maybe

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Ive been doing alot of research, I think im gonna put a cummins in my truck. Not that i hate my engine, i just want more power for pulling, and i dont feel like putting a chip on my engine and puking coolant or blowing head gaskets... do you think anyone would want a used 6.0 with 80*** on it? only problems with the 6.0 was a egr valve was replaced. truck runs great, just doesnt make 500 hp like i want. its not for sale yet, but once i get my new engine done up, and dropped in it will be. Sound like bad idea? or what do you guys think.. i love my truck, i dont want a dodge... both engines arent made by ford so im still loyal lol.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You dont think you can get 500hp outta a 6.0?? Come on now, you could make a perfectly reliable 700 hp 6.0...

Just a thought. But yeh you could sell that pretty easy i would think.

Fine69

Reaction score
Nascar Fan, keep us posted on your Cummins install. I've thought about doing the swap myself, just haven't found any GOOD info on it yet.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys..for the input, i just want a engine that i can have more power low end... since i pull more and more. i think the 6.0 would make a good engine for someone elses transplant. Im gonna take plenty of pictures of this build, i think it will go pretty smooth. ill try to keep track of parts and labor.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant wait to see the pictures of this, I have always been a big fan of the Cummins engine.
Good luck with the build
Maybe find yourself a late 70's Ford truck and have a second project for the 6.0?

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going through auto world for all my conversion needs, he sells destroked parts though too. think i found a dodge 3500 near home.. with 12 valve.. hope to pick it up...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58