Sensor locations for gauge install

snoman02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm putting new gauges in my snow plow unit and I need to know where to put my oil temp, oil press, and water temp sensors. I'd like to keep the factory ones if possible. If not it's no big deal. Pics would be great too.

Thanks,
Brent

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm putting new gauges in my snow plow unit and I need to know where to put my oil temp, oil press, and water temp sensors. I'd like to keep the factory ones if possible. If not it's no big deal. Pics would be great too.

Thanks,
Brent

2170189860100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

Oil Pressure... Or you can install oil temp there as well.

2359578950100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

Oil temp... Or you can install pressure there as well...

2041346620100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

Water temp...

If you have any questions feel free... I test for Isspro and have 17 gauges in the cab!!! LOL

snoman02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What size fitting did you use for the oil pressure on the top right? I'm having trouble finding something? My sensor is 1/8npt

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell its been so long I cant remember... IIRC it was a 4an fitting. Basically drive down to a fitting shop with a set of allen wrenches, remove the plug and walk in. They will have it.

snoman02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok I got the gauges in and they all work. They look great too, but I'm a little worried that my truck only boosts about 5psi with a diablo 100hp tune in it! It's a 6spd man. Is my turbo just worn out? It does have 238,000 mi on it.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Ok I got the gauges in and they all work. They look great too, but I'm a little worried that my truck only boosts about 5psi with a diablo 100hp tune in it! It's a 6spd man. Is my turbo just worn out? It does have 238,000 mi on it.

Yes thats very low boost. You should be able to pull about 20. Check your intercooler boots. My guess is one is loose, cracked, or soaked so bad in oil from the crankcase vent that boost is leaking out.

On edit: if you are running your stock intake...you wont get to 20.

Last edited:

snoman02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Jordan,
Ok I'll have to check the boots. I had an airaid full intake on it, so it should get all the fresh air it needs. Any recommendations on quality aftermarket boots?

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you install the boost line at? Almost sounds like you cut into the Green or red lines that are for the wastegate...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What JR & Joe seez and... is that 5 pounds sit'n still or moving ? Ya gota have a load on the engine to get boost to build*. How 'bout a kink or leak in the boost gauge tubing..

* sounds Dumb.. no harm meant, but it's happened before... to "new to a boost gauge" guyz or galz.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What JR seez and... is that 5 pounds sit'n still or moving ? Ya gota have a load on the engine to get boost to build*. How 'bout a kink or leak in the boost gauge tubing..

* sounds Dumb.. no harm meant, but it's happened before... to "new to a boost gauge" guyz or galz.

Agreed. You have to have a load on to build boost. Will not happen just free reving the motor, unless you have a supercharger!:sly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg