Sensor Locations

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Double time and a half.........:D

The same reason I'm heading out in a bit doing the same thing :sweet

Though I would really like to be staying at home doing a bit of tinkering since being at work on a good weather holiday really sucks. A good thing is most of the bosses is gone & we can actually get some work done. ;)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ditto, but OTOH being a holiday week that means the bosses wont be here for 4 of my 7 day hitch. For that alone I'd nearly come out for free.

But given my druthers, Id ruther be home BBQ'ing hotdogs, drinking beer and playing with the kids and the kids' momma.

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
Off topic I know but I'm curious - you also work the 7 7 6? (7 mid's 7 eves & 6 days)

We have talks going on about 12 hour shifts on a 4 3 4 4 or something type setup with 2 weekends a month off & one being a 7 day break but I think it fizzed out.

Back on topic - I got a pile of various pics of sensor locations & such in my sig that may be helpful.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
No, I work 7 and 7 only. 7 day, 7 off and then 7 nights all 630 to 630. We pull 12 hour shifts at this plant. Mostly due to the remote location and the drive involved in getting here. If I only had 3 days off I think I would look for work elsewhere.

They have talked about the Dupont Schedule ( 4-3-4-4) but it nearly created anarchy here.

Back on topic, we got about 4500 sensors per plant, there are three trains here. We keep our intrumentation techs busy as all get out. Have you read the released report from BP over the Texas City explosion yet?

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Back on topic, we got about 4500 sensors per plant, there are three trains here. We keep our intrumentation techs busy as all get out. Have you read the released report from BP over the Texas City explosion yet?

We have a fellow member on the other site that works at BP chemical (basically same place) that has sent me some pics & our fire chief has buds that sent some & I got the officail pdf release report.

It looked pretty nasty & sad to say I've seen & been involved in a few very similar instances :( Knock on wood! its been a lot better of the last few years.

Since the event - weve had a lot of changes as far as contractors setting up in process areas but getting them to listen is another story.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yeah, Ive got the 45 page pdf file also. Its just a comedy of errors all the way around. We just came out of turn around here two weeks ago. Fortunately it was a relatively safe TAR with no major incidents on shut down, during work and the subsequent startup. We are studying BP's fatal report and finding areas where we are lacking..........

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumm said:
No problem, the sensor location diagrams are all on the first page. Carry on.....

LOL. Sorry Crumm, Imma shut my mouf in this thread now, I think Brian and I have done significant enough damage for the time being.:sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14