Service engine light

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, the code that I had is: P2043 - Reductant Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance. I tried to upload a jpeg showing a basic diagram of the DEF system, but couldn't do it. Anyway, the DEF tank feeds to the pump which feeds this smaller tank that is labeled heater. So, it makes sense that the dealer needed the truck to sit overnight in the shop so they could check the operation of this heater tank. So, after it sat the night, the reading they got was 177 degrees F. "Instructed to replace reductant." No mention of the pump on the statement and, if the pump nipple had really been broken before the mechanic touched it, there would have been a low pump pressure code. At least, that's my thoughts on this. I would have expected to see a P20E8 code for low pump pressure. I believe I was lied to and will never go to that dealer again.
The good news is that I just got back from a 340 mile round trip hauling my RV and had no issues. I love this truck, but it is a complicated beast. I have a listing of the codes on a Word document and it is 12 pages long!

Last edited:

waynebudke

Chris
Reaction score
Hey Joe,
Man I am sorry you had such bad luck with the small town boys in Kingsland / St Mary's. I got the same code, P2043, and the problem was a bad or intermittent pump and I took mine to Mike davidson in J'ville since I live down that way. I would highly recommend you try going to them since they have a 100% dedicated Superduty truck shop that only works on the superduty's. I took mine and they diagnosed it immediately and gave me the truck back until the part came in(3 Days). When I dropped it off for repair it took them about four hours and it was completed. I have been pretty happy with their service. I would recommend you give them a shot. You might find it is worth the drive across the bridge.

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Chris. I was taking my truck to Kings Colonial in Brunswick because I bought it there. The only reason I stopped going there is because I didn't want to travel so far to a dealer. Kings Colonial has always done me right, but I don't know how good they are with diesels. I had a problem with the transmission and they handles it well. I had a transmission leak and they replaced the front seal and the torque converter. Only 2 days and I had her back.
I had heard another guy say that Mike Davidson was good on diesels.
Thanks again. I may have to make the switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58