Service manual?

SMOKNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what is available for a service manual for these trucks. Do you have to purchase a factory one, or are there any hanes or chiltons manuals available for the diesels? Thanks

Bill

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though you got a DVD version (I'm assuming), my vote would be for the paper version of the shop manuals. If my paper version gets dirt/grease/shop filth on them, they still work just fine but I'd be worried about dragging Maggie's laptop into the shop where it's likely to get dripped on or otherwise banged up.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DVD from EBay is great. The one that I have has all Ford models from '02 to '04. 7.3 and 6.0 PSD's.

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
HELM Manual

The official "Ford" service manuals are available from HELM Inc. They have a variety of manuals and original books that came from the dealer. I purchased the entire 2006 set for the F250-F550. They have a two-volume set which gets you through the basic truck (suspension/brakes/engine/etc) and another volume which has all of the wiring including all of the harnesses and pin-outs. Then I also picked up the special diagnosing the PS Diesel book. I know it's likely overkill, but I just like reading that stuff. Damn, maybe I shouldn't have shared that!

I haven't been disappointed with these. It's the same thing that the Ford guys use.:sweet The only bad thing is that if you get it all, the price is approaching $200:sorry

ShraderMan

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone check out what Ford wants for the complete set? I like to fell out of my chair when I saw nearly 3 grand. I'm going to eventually grab one off eBay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14