Service nightmare

SCOUT8ID

SCOUT8ID
Reaction score
On May 04 I took my truck into my local Ford dealer my CEL came on and i took the truck in. The code was for the Thermostat and that caused a problem with the radiator. They fixed the thermostat, Replaced the radiator and while it was there I had them do an alignment, make some new keys and update the flashes. I picked the truck up today and drove it home ( about 10 miles ). I just about pulled upto my house and the RTT warning light went on. ( The little wrench warning lite) The truck went into " Limp-home mode and there was little power. I called the dealer and explained and they are sending me a tow tomorrow. As I was sitting around STEAMING I went out to look around. NO TRANSMISSION FLUID. I think when they replaced the radiator they drained the Trans cooler to remove it and never refilled it. Along with not tightening the bolts for the power steering resivor. and not securing a hose or two. When the truck sits w/o running there is a hint of fluid in the trans but when it is running it shows no sign of fluid. Does this sound right. Would they have to remove the trans cooler? Should I be looking for problems later? Could this have done damage or did the failsafe prevent this?

What do you think I should expect from the Dealer?

The trans temp was fine. as I said i only went about 10 miles.

spideygsm24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm not very technical when it comes to vehicles. However, you pay a premium when you take a vehicle to a dealer. You should get top rated service. They may fix the immediate problem but did it just reduce the life expectancy of your vehicle.

May sure you get everything documented. I would also call your area Ford representative and let them know what happened and get them involved. Good luck and keep us posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14