SES and no power/boost? Restarted and OK.

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
While towing my car home from track last night noticed SES light come on, then huge loss of power, could build no more than 5-8 lb of boost and EGT running high..

Did visual check and see nothing of course, SHut truck down and restarted and problem was gone and running great again.

Though new to this, my thoughts would be that EGR stuck open for a moment and VGT Veins stuck.. I am leaning at EGR for the known issues of clogging up.

Any thoughts? Bought this truck few weeks ago with 43,000 miles - looking at truck they would seem to be very easy miles also leading me to EGR.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Pull the EGR and clean it. Not hard, just don't get any solvent in the wiring on top. A good scanner would give you the codes and that is a lot better than guessing what is wrong. Any good garage can scan your truck.

Dave

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow you got an 06 with 43k!!! good job! bought my 05 in 10 with 75k... when i hit about 85k my egr went down the dumps...i did the delete kit...but i dont have to pass any emissions where im at.

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank for the Help, sounds like my assumption is probably correct.. DaveBen: I am getting an SCT scanner and would have scanned if I had at this time, just happened last night and seeing what was most likely..

Trailey97: Thanks! It was not so easy, I initally bought an 06 with "57,000" wich was obvious someone changed the speedo with a King Ranch speedo - after much investigating and calls back to the dealer I was able to convince them the truck was a victim of Fraud -
I am sure the place was aware of the issue, but kept trying to play it down, after somne calls to the Attourney General there I had convinced them ;)

They had just received this truck in inventory that was a repo from Florida, they swapped trucks for me to this one that is completely mint.. Though the asking price was much higher they wanted to make me happy.. Everything is spotless, even tow hitch had never been used until now.. As well maintained the truck was I assume it was babied as well, likely helping EGR clog.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank for the Help, sounds like my assumption is probably correct.. DaveBen: I am getting an SCT scanner and would have scanned if I had at this time, just happened last night and seeing what was most likely..

Trailey97: Thanks! It was not so easy, I initally bought an 06 with "57,000" wich was obvious someone changed the speedo with a King Ranch speedo - after much investigating and calls back to the dealer I was able to convince them the truck was a victim of Fraud -
I am sure the place was aware of the issue, but kept trying to play it down, after somne calls to the Attourney General there I had convinced them ;)

They had just received this truck in inventory that was a repo from Florida, they swapped trucks for me to this one that is completely mint.. Though the asking price was much higher they wanted to make me happy.. Everything is spotless, even tow hitch had never been used until now.. As well maintained the truck was I assume it was babied as well, likely helping EGR clog.

Kinda strange how a babied one got repoed?? scratching my head on that but i guess now days anything is possible...score for you!! took me a couple months to find mine, but she was a one owner and it was an elderly feller that loaded up a 5th wheel and went to wyoming for a lil while and i guess he moved back and wanted something new... either way ive been fortunate with mine apart from the HPOP and the egr... but if you can get away with it, i would deffinately delete it. my HPOP crapped 2k miles before my esp went out...lol damn their luck huh? enough of this crap lets see some pics! lol

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple.. So is the HPOP hard to change? I assume HPOP is High Pressure Oil Pump? Sorry just learning the SDD lingo..

I just ordered and SCT/DP tuner and MBRP - which has been on back order and not shipping until 5/9

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a my buddy do my egr delete simply bc he was cheaper than a shop and had done 4 already on other trucks. as far as my hpop which yes is your high pressure oil pump, i had a shop do that simply bc thats where i had it towed and warranty covered it. no clue on how hard it is to replace, the egr delete was rather simple though with the two of us going at it. thats a nice looking rig you got yourself.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love that charcoal color and i was stuck between that color and my two tone black on tan...went with my black on tan because 1. my harley is all black and 2. the two tone had captains in the front, unlike the charcoal one which had the bench with flip up console. both are lariats.

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i had a my buddy do my egr delete simply bc he was cheaper than a shop and had done 4 already on other trucks. as far as my hpop which yes is your high pressure oil pump, i had a shop do that simply bc thats where i had it towed and warranty covered it. no clue on how hard it is to replace, the egr delete was rather simple though with the two of us going at it. thats a nice looking rig you got yourself.

Thanks you!
I am not sure it is charcoal grey - It usually looks grey, but I just bought some FMC charcoal grey touch up paint and it did not match.. Maybe its the dark stone color? It looks brown in direct sun.

Thanks for heads up on EGR, I hope to tackle that project in the next few weeks.. SCT is on the way, and as of 2 hours ago - MBRP TB: check! Sounds good I think, have not heard it myself outside yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14