shift kits

norcal510psd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about buying a used banks transcommand for $100. i currently have a sonnax shift kit un-installed. if i install the shift kit and the transcommand is that essentially accomplishing the same goal of firmer shifts? can i just run the banks or the shift kit alone? please advise.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do not buy the banks trans command, it ups line pressure electronically which can be done with a chip, however the banks trans command module unlike a chip will not play well with shift kits.

Now the question is do you have a sonnax shift kit or simply the stuff for the sonnax valve upgrade. there is a company called sonnax that makes shift kits and trans parts and there is a valve in the accumulator body called the sonnax valve.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I have the Sonnax valve and and tricumulator springs. You will find they will do a great job with the shifting without adding anything else. I've had these for several years and really like the effect on the tranny.
Jim

norcal510psd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have the valve and spring kit. so i would be better off using the valve and spring kit and having a custom chip made in lew of the transcommand?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes you would be better off doing the sonnax & tricummulator springs and then using the $100 toward purchasing a good chip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim