Shock Recomendation

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's time for new shocks on my 2005 King Ranch F-350 DRW 4x4. What would would you choose? for a good all around all purpose use.

Now some info, When I bought the truck new the front springs were rated at 5200lbs and I had Ford put in the 6000lbs springs (Because of the Winch) and it raised the front end about 2 inches. About level. I'd like to get a slightly longer front shock for the truck but when I call around and talk to some of these so called truck experts they won't spend the time with me to find the right length front shock.

Who do you call? can some of our sponsers help?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I have Monroe Magnums on mine, but I dealt them at the time.

We carry KYB now, and I wouldn't wipe my backside with one of those...

dpantazis

Reaction score
i went with the napa shocks. i am pretty sure they are made by Monroe.

i ended up with the gas grande over their reflex monotubes. the reflex was just too stiff and rough. the grande is just about right.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went for adjustable Ranchos...9000 series IIRC..I like 'em my wife says they're harsh but I cannot remember which way to turn the dial to soften the ride.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 4 Bilsteins on my truck back in March and I am very pleased with them.
Don't know about the ex 2 in that you need but looks like someone could find what you need.
Good Luck
Doug

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bilstein, Bilstein, Bilstein... I bought mine at eshocks.com. they were running a buy 3 get one free deal, not sure if its still going on.
If you call them they can probably figure out your extra two inch thing, although I had a two inch leveling kit on my 2000 SD and always ran stock length without an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14