Shop at Sears!!! NOT B.S.!!!!! - Support our troops!!!

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Christmas shopping has already started – consider buying at least one thing at Sears this year.

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more.
Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
[email protected]
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

It's Verified ! By Snopes.com at:
Urban Legends Reference Pages: Sears Military Pay (shows the entire article)

:clap:

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Christmas shopping has already started – consider buying at least one thing at Sears this year.

Except for the Sears outlet store in Negaunee, MI.

The owner is the biggest piece if S**T I have ever had the misfortune of encountering. Without getting into the long boring details, he lied to my face no less than 5 times, and screwed me out of $100 by lieing to me. He has a very widespread reputation in the area as a dishonest P***K and does nothing to reverse that reputation.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Sears in general or their merchandise. In fact I just bought a new snowthrower for my tractor from a different store and have a Dyson animal hair vacume coming from Sear.com. It's just the one store owner in particular that I despise and refuse to do business with.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love their tools, been looking for another LONGER box...ill be pullin the
trigger on more stuff now, knowing this ! wished i'd known it before
we bought the 54" HD LCD thanksgiving weekend !

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
That is great to hear. Unfortunately, like TG, I cannot stand my sears store. They never have what I need and will not help anybody. I guess the punk kids with their ipods arn't trained in the area of tools. Craftsman tools don't hold up to my abuse, so I buy high quality where the store comes to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14