Shopping for a new truck

sesco4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be in the market for a f250 or f350 in the near future and had a couple of questions. I've never owned a diesel before so please look over my ignorance. I have been looking at the 6.0 trucks is their any certain years that seem to have more problems than others. What should I look for in a used truck to tell if its had a rough life { thing other than the obvious } I'm looking for a crewcab that will basically be used for lite winter use and to pull a 16ft trailer in the summer for my lawn care service. Any tips or suggestions will be appreciated.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
New truck?

If you can find a mid 2003 with a T444E (7.3L) you wouldn't have to worry about much doing that kind of thing. Mileage and price depending on the trim will vary and as for the VT365 (6.0L) I would stay away, no offense to you guys running them :sorry. I'm still bitter that Ford and Navistar divorced due to that engines warranty repairs. Early 6.0 was a engineering feat because of testing time and kinks to work out but I've seen alot last if taken care of. Check all the service records, Oasis report, car fax and overall if it was worked past it's limits. Other than that a International powered Ford will take anything you throw at it. I just pulled a Kamatsu WA450 down from a low bed and across a grade with my truck no problem in 4low. That's a big a** machine! :yahoo

sesco4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
To give you an exact weight i'm not real sure no more that a couple thousand pounds. For what I will be doing the SD will probably be a little overkill but I really want one. I've heard that the 6.0 has had its issues and that the 7.3 is the way to go but I just have a problem buying a truck that is already seven to eight years old. I seen some good looking trucks on ebay but this would be taking a very big chance. As for the 6.4 I just can't but that much in to one right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg