Should i buy it!??

khop2131

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys was truck shoppin yesterday and found me a sweet 03 F350 6.0L with 123k miles. Truck is spotless frame and all runs great motor sounds great. My only issue is its the earlier 6.0. Should i be worried about it? What is the biggest issue with the earlier 6.0s?? Thanks

zax317

Diesel Virgin
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything good about 6.0s. I just got a 1999 7.3L. I would look for a 7.3 between 99-02.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys was truck shoppin yesterday and found me a sweet 03 F350 6.0L with 123k miles. Truck is spotless frame and all runs great motor sounds great. My only issue is its the earlier 6.0. Should i be worried about it? What is the biggest issue with the earlier 6.0s?? Thanks

Many of the Earlier 6.0's had many issues.. Have an Oasis report done on it, to see if any recall/warrenty work has been done on it ? ANY, and What work, for that matter ?

I haven't heard anything good about 6.0s. I just got a 1999 7.3L. I would look for a 7.3 between 99-02.

What zax sez has some Merit too ?

Joe

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There are people who don't like the 6.0 and would never accept it, in any year. Then there are many of us who have never had a major problem and love the 6.0. I would recommend that you get the dealer to run an Oasis Report on the truck. Get the VIN and the dealer can run it. This will show all of the work that Ford has done on the truck. Then you can better make up your mind.

Dave :)

jagular7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yep, take the oasis report and review it. It only tells the warranty work. Ask the seller if he had work performed outside work or what dealer he took it too. Ask seller if they can provide some kind of maintenance records as well as receipts.

I bought an 05 2.5 yrs ago w/112k at auction. After buying, I did the oasis report. It had seen little bit of warranty replacements. 118k EGR went bye-bye. 134k, the metal fuel (C&C truck) tank inner liner damaged the frame mounted fuel pump and couple injectors.

Over owning it for that time, I put nearly $6k into 'upgrades' and repairs. Upgrade went you can to repair. On 11/30, I traded it in for 1/2 worth for a hemi mage cab. I was able to pull my tunes and oil micro-filter bypass system off. I've sold the tuner (SCT) and looking for a buyer on the oil by-pass system.

If I was to go once again the 6.0l route, oasis report, receipts for maintenance record, and for me, the offer would be half its worth. I would be surprised the seller didn't keep any records of work performed.

Recommendation, when changing oil, change fuel filters.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yep, take the oasis report and review it. It only tells the warranty work. Ask the seller if he had work performed outside work or what dealer he took it too.

Not true, the Oasis shows all of the work done by FORD. Warranty or not.

jagular7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not true, the Oasis shows all of the work done by FORD. Warranty or not.

Well, after getting my truck home from the auction. I went to my local Ford and asked for a copy of the Oasis report. Then I asked what about getting other work performed related to the truck through the VIN or whatever. The rep stated only warranty work can be reported unless you know the dealership which the truck had other repair work performed. The individual dealers hold their own info for a limited time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58