SHOULD I DELETE THE CAT. OR NOT?

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
my buddy didnt notice much difference in performance with his cat gone, but he said his egt's dropped a couple hundred degrees when towing !! that's worth it right there !!

WC46

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cat is gone

Well the cat is gone. I felt a difference in acceleration immediately. Sounds about the same, maybe a little louder but not much. Sounds like a hair dryer is coming out the tailpipe. I think I made the right choice and thanks to DPPI for two day delivery.

skycop530

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My '04 has the silverline 4" turbo back system, and I can't tell much of a difference in sound. It's louder but there's not a lot of turbo noise. I'd like to remedy that. My Uncle and my neighbor has an '03 with the same system on it, and his sounds like a damn K.W. rolling out of the driveway. I know there are differences in the trucks because of year, but I don't have the turbo whine or the deep glasspack sound that I wanted when I payed for the system. I installed it myself, and it was all strait forward stuff. It wasn't rocket science at all, but maybe I missed something. Does anybody have any ideas?

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the longest time here in the DFW, Tx area I saw them regularly set up the roadside emission stations that test as you fly by.....

a favorite spot I've seen is the northbound 360 to Eastbound 183 exit....
continual cars in the morning there and I guess they feel they get the best bang for their buck...

Whenever I spot them I bump it into neutral and coast by :)

Wonder if I'd send them to the hospital if I lugged it just b4 getting there and floored it to make sure the tuned over fueling would choke them out ? ;)

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
All our trucks at work had the cats plug off (in gassers) we just took them off beat the crap out if it and put them back on. In Flint, MI, people wake up to the roar of open exhaust on their car because thieves are taking the cats for the Platnum. In Detriot they are cutting live wires for the copper. What is this world coming to?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14