Should I shim the Fuel Regulator

chief2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
With the upgrades I have already done will shimming the regulator make any difference?

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing shimming the fpr to 70lbs will be a smoother idle and more responsive throttle. i dont think it will do much more than that. but im in the process of doing it. i need to find a fp gauge to mount inside the engine compartment.

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
shimming

Shimming does make a differance accross the board but if youlike to play around and change your tune you have to tear into her again. I use a DI fpr cap that replaces the factory stuff. The cap has a 1/8npt port in it. I use Parker 601 hose and a little rice rocket adj. regulator. I mounted it on the alt. bracket and tee'd into the boost line for a fuel pressure rise with high boost. I have about $30.00 into this and now I can change fuel pressure in seconds.

chief2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Kiarasue - Do you have any pics of that set up? Where do you get the DI cap? Thanks.

neil_04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kiarasue said:
Shimming does make a differance accross the board but if youlike to play around and change your tune you have to tear into her again. I use a DI fpr cap that replaces the factory stuff. The cap has a 1/8npt port in it. I use Parker 601 hose and a little rice rocket adj. regulator. I mounted it on the alt. bracket and tee'd into the boost line for a fuel pressure rise with high boost. I have about $30.00 into this and now I can change fuel pressure in seconds.

i would like to see some pics of this too please.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58