"shudder" and loss of power

rdytow

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Working on an 07 F-550, with the 6.0, and 229,*** miles. The dealer recently diagnosed a bad EGR cooler, and bad #2 and 6 injectors. I did the EGR delete, and new oil cooler, and also replaced #2,4,6, and 8 injectors, since I had the valve cover off. The EGR delete I did, kept the EGR valve, and was advertised to not throw a code, since the EGR was still hooked up. And new oil, and filter. Got it all back together and running. I have driven it for about 350 miles since then. At about 1200-1800 rpm's the motor tends to shake and run rough. And, pulling away from a stop, it hestitates and shakes a bit. And, it has a fairly rough idle. Sometimes, while cruising about 60, it seems to shake a bit, then smooth out. And, when starting it, it cranks for about 3-5 seconds before starting. The check engine light does not come on, so I am guessing it is minor. But, my local dealer is telling me it needs to be plugged into their special (i.e. expensive) IDS tool, and have the EGR system re-programmed, since the EGR valve is still there.
Does anyone have better input on this? Is my dealer right? Any other clues on what is going on? I could really use the help, I use this truck on an almost daily basis. HELP PLEASE!!

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a tuner with a egr delete tune.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

rdytow

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: After the dealer plugged their computer into the truck, it turns out they had sold me a bad injector. I replaced #4, and they cleared the KAM, and it is now running like new again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58