sig test

dpantazis

Reaction score
hmm, i wonder if it gets supressed on reload.

crumm- look at all the whitespace at the end of our posts, they >look< like the same size as our signatures.

look at Bama's posts in my vbpic thread. HUGE whitespace.

EDIT: see the attached screen shot. I see a sig in our last 2 posts.

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
mike-

do you have any ideas?

EDIT: look at the way my sig looks in the editor. i trimmed my sig so it would use less space and linked it to my vbpics, on the example of Crumm.

in some cases, i think the height of the posts is governed by the fields on the left, but it almost looks like its replacing long sigs with whitespace.

if the sig cropping is eliminating the sig and replacing it with white space, are we really 'conserving' anything?

dp

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
if the sig cropping is eliminating the sig and replacing it with white space, are we really 'conserving' anything?

dp

Yes, some folks (bama, myself etc etc) have pics in thier sigs, and have links etc etc..... Those load slowly for some folks so if we eliminate the sigs, we reduce the time it takes to load a page.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Yes, some folks (bama, myself etc etc) have pics in thier sigs, and have links etc etc..... Those load slowly for some folks so if we eliminate the sigs, we reduce the time it takes to load a page.

So, if we have pics in our sigs, should we be removing them to help others load up faster? :dunno

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
So, if we have pics in our sigs, should we be removing them to help others load up faster? :dunno

No.............your sig will only appear the first time you post in a thread. To save some bandwidth it will automatically drop off on your subsequent posts in that thread.

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58