SilverStar Headlight Bulbs

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I just installed a set of 9007 Sylvania SilverStar bulbs and I must say they are a nice improvement. After dark I took the truck for a spin and the light output was a quite a bit better than before. I think I will pick up another set for the Excursion next fall. Anyone needing more light might take a look at the SilverStar :tu:

Max Power

Reaction score
The silverstars definitely put out a nice light. The biggest problem you will find is they won't last as long as you would like. They are still worth it in my opinion.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upgrade your wiring harness and you can almost double your light output. The stock wiring harness is under rated. You lose a few volts, and that makes a huge difference!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
A harness upgrade is on my long list of things to do. It took me a year to get around to installing the bulbs..

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
upgrade your wiring harness and you can almost double your light output. The stock wiring harness is under rated. You lose a few volts, and that makes a huge difference!

Daryl,

I get high beamed now. -mad

Won't the harness make it worse? I turn them down any further and I won't be able to see 50' ahead of my truck?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You might need to turn them to the right rather than down if you are getting high beamed.

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
O.K. Minor thread hijack here.

Assuming I have lost where stock aiming was. :(

What is the best aim point for the lights. (I.E: 3 feet up at 50' distance or something)

Thanks,

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14