Similar Question to Crumm Plumber?

Lefty257

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If your system is like the ones here, there is a 1/4 inch nipple from the main line that goes to the pressure switch. Usually galvanized. They will rust on the inside and plug up the port on the switch and the gauge. With everything off pull the switch and the nipple off and look.

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Got it figured out, thanks for all the help fellas. The 1/4 inch nipple coming off the check valve in the garage was fuuuullllll of crap. I don't even know how water was getting through. The nipple broke off inside the check valve so I still have some work to do. I had to drill through the crud to make a passage then tap what I could of the threads. Luckily I was able to get 3 threads so I could piece meal the thing back together. Hopefully it will hold until Monday when I can get a new check valve. So far so good though. Things are working correctly again.:thumbs

Trapper

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out :sweet If you have it piece-mealed together with only three threads holding I would recommend throwing the breaker whenever you leave home. I would hate to hear that your garage flooded.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it figured out.:sweet When go to get all the new pieces make sure you get them in brass or stainless steel. That galvanized stuff is crap and I'll never use it on any system I intall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg