single dullay wheel(s)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
stroke_smoke said:
^^^ i was gonna say that.^^^ i don't know who sell's em but i remember stumbleing acrossed a site a few month's back that had em.

i know michelin makes 'em, i'm sure alot of your major tire manuf. make 'em

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
JLDickmon said:
well, it's called a "wide base" wheel, not a "super single"

super single's are normally used in mining applications, and on cement mixer trucks, etc... they have a fairly standard profile, like 18R22.5

a wide base, will be a low profile tire, something along the lines of 375/50R22.5

They've been popular in Europe for about a decade, and are starting to catch on here; they're supposed to have less drag than a comparable dual-tire application, therefore enhancing fuel economy... most industry insiders are saying that when they really catch on, you'll be able to reduce your capital outlay for a complete set of tires by about a third over a conventional dual-wheel set up... I guess time will tell, as I've not seen them on more than a handfull of tractors and trailers... I know Buske Transport is converting their fleet over to them...

i think we are talkin' about two diff things my friend, i have seen super singles on f series trucks. alot of magizine covers i have at home show diesel p/u's with both super singles and some with 22.5 peterbilt/kenworth/freightliner style tires & wheels on them.

these wide base wheels sound like something diff. that i am not familiar with.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Maaaann....

Those would look soooo cool.

Wish I still had the dually sometimes :)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
hey Bama...
I just read that article.. a couple of those graphs speak for themselves... I wonder how European pavement owners are dealing with the increases in wear and strain on the roadbeds? Here in the states, the solution would be to just overcoat it (and poorly, at that) and hope to get more funding for a tear-out..

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
get out your loan application - a guy I know just switched his semi to the super singles. Tires were roughly $6000 - 1500 EACH. He had 4 rims and tires in his pickup when I saw him. They look sharp. He got alco rims that look like my stock rims.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14