single gauge A-pillar pod

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does someone have a single gauge pod that they could measure for me?

I am getting ready to order a pyro, but want to keep the factory A-pillar grab handle. I heard that the singles would fit under the handle, but I would like to measure it before I order.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get anywhere with this? There is a Steering column pod that is quite nice too, or you could just go wild and get the overhead...

The overhead fits fine with the factory overhead too. I need to get some pic's of the wifes pod...:sorry

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and no...I did find a guy that does have a single pod that works with the grab handle in place. I will probably go with it when I get the green set aside for it...that's where the no comes in.

Actually, I think that I would probably prefer the steering column mount, but Autometer says that their column mount will not fit the '05-'07 trucks. I don't know how much differance there is, if any, but I don't know of anyone that has one in the later trucks.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get anywhere with this? There is a Steering column pod that is quite nice too, or you could just go wild and get the overhead...

The overhead fits fine with the factory overhead too. I need to get some pic's of the wifes pod...:sorry

How hard was it to run the pyro gauge, and boost wiring up to the roof mount? This is what I want to do so the grab handle stays on the "A" pillar for the wife to get in and out.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy, ya just remove the A pillar and tuck the wires up in there. I have installed 4 overhead pods in the last few months...

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks CPISD, I am trying to decide which programmer to use. If I use the SCT I gotta run gauges, or the Edge w/ a monitor. I can't decide, IMHO there is good and bad on all of the stuff...:confused:

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the column pod for my pyro and I like it. IMO, it's the best location for a single gauge install. I wonder if AutoMeter plans on getting one made that fits the newer trucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14