Single shots are in, but running rough.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I got it all done, including the new PCM DP-Tuner sent me. But it's running rough and just doesn't sound right.

I'm wondering if by error, if I may have got another split shot tune on the new PCM. I pulled out the new PCM and put the old PCM with the split shot tune back in, and it seems to run exactly the same.

Anybody know what the consequences are of running single shot injectors with a split shot PCM tune, just for a temporary basis, if that is what it turns out to be?:thanks

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Wonder if you still have air in it causing the rough running condition.

Tbar

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Tbar said:
Wonder if you still have air in it causing the rough running condition. Tbar

It seems fairly smooth on the highway, but between the house and the highway, it almost sounds like the injectors are miss-firing. Like I said, it sounds and runs the same whether I have the new PCM or the previous PCM that has a known "split-shot" program on it.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
How many miles since you installed the injectors? Takes a quite a while to get the air out of the system..

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
To this point, I have about 100 miles on the new injectors and PCM. There was some improvement the first 30 miles or so. But by then, I think all the air has been worked out. The injectors seem to have quieted down as much as its gonna get, quieter now than with the old injectors. Overall the truck runs great on the highway. But around town, it's jerky and even bucks some, actually annoying.
I think the best way of describing the sound at idle, is that the injector noise sounds like morse code. They sound like they are cutting out and back in a dit-dot-dot-dit-dit-dit-dot manner.

I've talked to both DP-Tuner and Beans Diesel, getting variing thoughts as to what's up.:dunno

Jody will send me a new PCM when he gets more PCM modules in from his supplier. I hope we can get this all worked out soon.

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone can fix it, it's gonna be Jody. He made my singles run real smooth. Good luck and let us know how it works out

Rex-a-FORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, good luck gettin' her goin'.

I agreed with BBB, Jody is the man...........

Keep good notes on what it takes to get everything worked out....maybe you can write up DIY article..............

Personally I like the sound of the singleshots better than the splitshots........

Anyway, good luck..............

Rex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14