Six Disc MP3 support

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Shortly after getting my truck i was blessed with an opportunity to swap my single cd stereo with a 6 disc player for free! I recently have read about some stereos supporting mp3 discs even though its not labeled on the unit. I burned a mp3 disc, with i believe 5 folders on the root directory. When i tried to play it, the stereo loaded up 'One' track, displayed 'Data Track,' and started to tick off seconds, but there was no sound. The disc did play in my co-worker's after market unit, but i thought perhaps maybe our units might be picky about the audio being in folders. I am personally leaning towards the truck is able to recognize the audio, but isn't equipped with the proper codec to read it. If anyone could verify, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advanced!

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try another mp3 disc w/out folders just to make sure that it will read mp3 format. I know my radio will handle folders (it has "<folder-folder>" printed on the 3 & 4 preset buttons). I know my mp3 software has two options for burning: data disc & audio mp3 jukebox disc.... not sure if the different formatting might cause some problems with the unit. Sorry I'm not much help- Good luck!

bocephus87

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well, i have tried burning a disc with just the audio, no folders, with Cheetah CD Burner, since i didnt have anything already installed to do it with. The result was uneventful, which i expected, but the bright side is neither cd spontaneously combusted in the player ^_^ I was told by an after-market installer that the 6 disc players fail often, so if it does i guess i'll have to get an after market one anyway. Until then, i hope i have this radio till my old age. Thanks to all that read ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58