skipping when cold 04 6.0 53k

ifd

ifd
Reaction score
My truck recently started to skip, and cut out unless i let it run for a minute first. When i start it for the first time in the morning. its not cold yet here, any suggestions. otherwise runs like an animal. confused:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
my eduacated (haha!) guess would be an injector issue, the dealers scan tool would be able to diag that in minutes if you brought it there (and of course left it overnight so they could play with it cold)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Mine did almost the same thing earlier this year.

It would eventually start up and then it wouldn't start at all.

Turned out to be the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What weight oil are you using? 15W40 will make it skip when cold. I switched to 5W40 Syn oil and no more skips.

Dave

tony4380

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey guys... i want to bring this back up rather than start a new thread. i'm having the same issue...

first off... 2005 f250 6.0 4x4 6spd MT with bully dog on performer flash and 4" MBRP cool duals. 56000 miles. Motorcraft fuel and oil filters. 15w 40 rotella t. diesel kleen fuel supplement.

it idles a little rough... and until warm, the motor with hesitate between 2 and 3000 rpm while under a load (acceleration). after the engine has reached full operating temperature... its back to its normal self. also to note... i did not experience the problem until after a changed the fuel filters... coincidentally, temperatures dropped off and have since been in the 40's to 60s for highs and lows.

i have had the truck since january of 2007 and it has never done this.

any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. i would like to avoid the dealer due to the daily need / use of my truck.

atk

Reaction score
computer may just need to be reflashed. what oil are you using? does the rpm spike at idle? has the maitanance been kept up(oil changes, fuel filters????)

cwhite04

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My trucks (04' 6.0) @ the dealer for the same thing right now. Its getting the FICM replaced under extended emissions warranty!!!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I had this problem until I changed the weight of my oil from 15 W 40 to 5 W 40 Syn. No more stumbles or stammers.

Dave

LowSpoolHighFuel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I can not tell you this will fix the problem but my truck would never run right when i had not started it within 24 hours and it turned out to be some stupid recall on the cold start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14