Slide in Truck Campers

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You guys know anything about Campers?

I am currently doing some winter shopping while the dealers are willing to deal. I thought I had it narrowed down to either a Lance 915 or a S&S Ponderosa 9.5 but today I found a Adventurer 90FWS that really fits the bill. All these campers are 06' models.

Anyone know anything about these three brands? I purchased a new Lance back in 1994 and it was a fine unit other than some minor cosmetic glitches where the quality control could have been a little better but nothing major. Other than the lance I have not been around campers much.

Any input would be appreciated especially on the Adventurer as I can get a smokin deal on it and the floor plan really fits our family. I did a little searching on a few rv sites and came up with good input on the Adventurer but I thought I would run it by you guys.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
hey TAIL GUNNER... this guy needs a camper over here!

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Crumm;

The only input I have is that when pricing slide in campers out here on the west coast they are the same price as a 30 ft. 5th wheel. I know the campers have their advantages, but we chose the 5th wheel because of what you get for how much you have to pay. If you get a 10 ft. for anything under $28,000 then you have a good deal. We were at a rv show just yesterday. Lance is a very high quality camper. They had cougar 29 ft. 5th wheel 29rk for $28,000 and that is what they wanted for the 10ft. camper. We went with a Wildcat 29rlbs 5th wheel. I know that the slide in camper has many advantages, like parking anywhere, and being able to tow a trailer, etc.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Yeah I know trailers are about the same price but I need a camper for my current situation. I towed a boat behind my last travel trailer and doubles on our rough roads are not the best. We are only planning on a few overnight trips a summer so the camper is just handier. We did look at a new 30' Extreme travel trailer today with a single slide and it had a tag of $24,000 on it. The campers are running $21,000 for the S&S but we ruled it out today as the table seating is too tight. The Lance 915 can be had for $20,411 but neither compare to the Adventurer price. The 06' Adventurer 90FWS that I am looking at can be had for $15,000. It was purchased new last summer for a little over $23,000 and was only used three times. Looking around at the 07' models they are running in the 26k range. The pay-off on the Adventurer was 22k when the owner traded it in on a 21' motor-home yesterday. I think the 15K price tag with a 2-year warranty on a loaded unit might be too good to pass up. It has even been stored inside other than the three times they took it out. Book value on it is around $18k but for some strange reason a dealer in Anchorage has a used 06' for the low price of $23,995? But they say it is in great shape.. I told them to have a nice day. Prices at other dealers I have searched run 19-21 so I guess this is a good deal.

Question is does anyone know anything about Adventurer campers? Adventurer campers online.

I have the purchase agreement here in front of me just waiting for a signature....

Here it is

DSCN1798.jpg

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crumm,
Check out rv.net and natcoa. S&S is built in my home town (Kalispell, MT). They have always had ups and downs in quality, but I think they have some of the best floor plans. As far as I can tell Lance quality has become hit and miss as well. I don't know anything about the other one. We have been looking for a while and Snowriver and Okanagan are the two brands at the top of our list now.

Good luck!

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snowriver is one of the best ones out there but it is out of my price range.

They're all out of my price range. :rolleyes: But that's why I got the dually so I could get a good size TC. :sly

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had no idea these "drop ins" were so expensive...now i know why
you dont see very many

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
Love my Lance

As the owner of a 1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge w/3208 cat diesel, I must say the Lance quality in my 2000 1030 slide is great.... I would buy another..... I just pulled a 1948 Pontiac Torpedo 6 on a dolly with my camper loaded..... Only truck mod is the Firestone air bag..... It is great.....
JUST DROPPED THE KITTY AND THE MUFF!!!!! WOOOA!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg