slip joint

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm chasing a driveline clunk. Miy driveshaft has rubber boots over the splines with the factory clamps that you have to cut off.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
is the slip joint i the drive line? I just wonder if a slip joint not being greased properly could cause some driveline vibration as well?

yes.

as far as the grease goes, the best thing to use is Lubri-plate

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
before I head out to the stealership I was wondering if there is a place I can get the boot clamps online instead???????

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before I head out to the stealership I was wondering if there is a place I can get the boot clamps online instead???????

FWIW guyz :dunno

I've greazed my splines 3 times now.. the first time I did it, I cut the OEM clamps off and replaced them with Band Clamps. 150,000 on'em.. no issues.

Joe

Or am I missing something here ??

Last edited:

binuya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

I was able to re-use one of mine after carefully taking it off. For the other end I used a zip tie.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
zip tie! heck yeah, I will get some metal ones from the store.

Joe, not a fan of the band clamps. I work with beer draft equipment a lot and find I replace those things constantly with a real clamp fixes most leaks found in a draft system. And I dont want to have that big dumb screw off balancing my drive shaft.

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I didn't find them online. The OEM clamps are a pain to get off and are usually destroyed when you do take them off for the next time. So, I figure a good quality zip-tie is a better option.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zip tie! heck yeah, I will get some metal ones from the store.

Joe, not a fan of the band clamps. I work with beer draft equipment a lot and find I replace those things constantly with a real clamp fixes most leaks found in a draft system. And I dont want to have that big dumb screw off balancing my drive shaft.

;tu Understood.

I'm like'n the Zip-Tie thing too. Guna change mine out today.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Are the slip joint and carrier bearing 2 different things?

Just wanted to clear this one up...cause nothing has ever been greased under there before on mine and id like to get it done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14