Slow to start and skipping under load

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
Ok guys and gals,
i posted a few months ago about my 06 6.0 being slow to start. It continues to be slow to start and now when pulling my boat it will skip about 3/4 up a small hill. Other than these two things it runs fine. It does not matter the temperature outside or if the truck is hot or cold. If it sits more than a few minutes it is slow to start.

Things I have done:
Recent oil change to rotella t 15W40 from Ford oil.
The STC fitting has been replaced.
Changed fuel filters.
Also tested the FICM.

Any help or input on what you guys have done to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
UPDATE: Did the High Pressure Oil System leak test and the system is leaking. The air noise is present under both valve covers. I will be checking the High Pressure Oil Rails and the connector for the HPOP this weekend.

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
Update #2: pulled the valve covers off and did the air test again to find the leak. Pulled the High Pressure Manifold Plug out and the lower o ring was erroded and twisted on both sides. Also replaced the tubes that go down through the High Pressue Manifold to the tubes from the HPOP. As of right now everything seems to be good. Drove it about 10 to 15 miles and it started up fine after that drive. Will see how it does in the morning once it has cooled off.

Parts used:
Ford: 6E7Z-9A332-B Tube Kit (has both tubes and both plugs for the High Pressure Manifolds to the injectors)

P.S. Need 10mm allen wrench to pull old ones out but 12mm allen wrench to put new ones in.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14