Sluggish from a stop sign--bad--HELP

fitterboytoo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm a nuebie, wondering maybe how dumb I am being a Ford person right now--especially after leaving the local dealer in Iowa.. Took it in after lots of questions to other owners and Ford wrenchers, even having them drive it--Has a real slow start from a dead stop to 2,000 rpm, did not have this problem new, everone has said it's the EGR valve or carboned up turbo blades--FORD dealer says no---they installed some new upgrades to eliminat the slow acceleration---it's worse---Truck--no mods--27k miles--04 Duelly 4dr. 6.0 K.R.--4x4-auto--410 anti-slip. Fuel milage pulling a 13k bumper pull toy hauler (yes it's a hd) is 7 @ 80--at 65 7.5 power is ok after you get the truck or truck and toy hauler moving--It's so bad pulling out from a stop sign I don't know if it's going to move and get going or not..... Discusted FB2

atk

Reaction score
if it is worse, i would take it back or find another dealer...it took me three tries find a trustworthy dealer for my warranty work....i assume when you say upgrades, you are talking about reflashing the computer? it is possible they did something wrong with upgrades....

Reaction score
Yeah that sounds like a turbo isssue of the vanes not opening to give you low end boost. Egr is easy to clean just pull and get all the gunk off and reinstall. May even be a bad vgt sensor thingy its on the front of the turbo with wires going to it.

fitterboytoo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Any good Iowa or northern Missouri Ford Dealers??

OK thanks for the info---are there any good dealer recommendations out there?? Headed to Millwaukee for the 105th--would even consider one out that way from central Iowa tanks FB2

danegerous

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The egr valve is super easy to do yourself. right behind the powerstroke badge on front of the engine there will be a cylinder with a plug on top. It's in front of the oil filter if I recall correctly. Anywho you take that plug off, take the two bolts out holding the EGR valve and pull it out. You'll be able to tell wether or not thats the problem cause it will be caked with carbon deposits to the point where the valve can't close all the way. Either way, throughly clean it before you put it back. One other option is the boost sensor line which runs from the exhaust manifold on the lower right side of the engine. look and you will see a metal hose going from that mani to an electronic sensor near the dipstick. pull of the hose (it's a ***** to take off and put back) and clean it up. I had your same symptoms and this made a world of difference to the truck. MPG, acceleration everything. Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14