"Small" Diesel engines

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
So I've had this 'idea' for a while to put a small 4 cylinder Diesel into a Bronco II. I've seen it done on the Early Broncos (non full sized) , the guy I saw used a Cummins 4BT out of a Bread Truck. I was wondering if any of you knew of an alternative to this, if any. :dunno

Travis

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
There should be alot of Isuzu or Kabota small diesels around. They are used in alot of industrial or commercial applications. We have a couple at work and they run forever on a gal of fuel.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On another Forum a guy put a 4BT in a 1970 Ford F-250 and it is sweet.
Doug

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 4BT fits nicely in the engine bay on a Bronco II I've seen quite a few in explorers over the years. visit www.4btswaps.com for plenty of information, the name can be misleading because there are plenty of other engine swaps over there it is essentially a diesel engine swap board.

The 4B and specifically 4BT or 4BTA are rather prized engines and are popular for swaps. The ease of the 4B engines is that transmission adapters are readily available for common light duty transmissions where some of the other small diesels do not have the transmissions support without custom machine work.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the 4BT fits nicely in the engine bay on a Bronco II I've seen quite a few in explorers over the years. visit www.4btswaps.com for plenty of information, the name can be misleading because there are plenty of other engine swaps over there it is essentially a diesel engine swap board.

The 4B and specifically 4BT or 4BTA are rather prized engines and are popular for swaps. The ease of the 4B engines is that transmission adapters are readily available for common light duty transmissions where some of the other small diesels do not have the transmissions support without custom machine work.

x2 :sweet

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
We had a guy stop by our house to buy a camper shell from us and he had a mid 90's 4x4 ranger with a 4bt in it. Sounded really sweet. Plenty of power for a ranger or bronco II.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58