smaller mirrors vs bigger ones

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are good used trucks out there, you just have to take your time to find them.

Good luck on finding what your looking for. How far are you willing to drive to get a good truck?

Doug

hrc200x

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Probably would be willing to go quite a ways for a perfect deal, such as texas, washington state. Problem with going far away is that it takes time to set up a trip, time in which truck may sell. Buying a truck around here chances are its been exposed to salt its whole life and is just about ready to rust through. Rather find one from a salt free state.

Manual trannys arn't too common are they?

hrc200x

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Found another truck and would like opinions on it. Sure seems like no one can keep these things stock. Its a '03 f250 7.3 96k miles, 4-6" lift, crew, long, SRW. Rust and dents on the passenger side box, afe intake. Thats about all I know about it.

Anything look aftermarket, wrong, or out of place?

What about the make-a-gasket around the front diff cover, stock or been a fluid/gearing change?

Are the wires cut to the air filter gauge?

Is it the heavy duty front axle? They still have dana 60's?

Pieces missing from the compartments in the headliner?

Where does that intake get air from?

Is the red tape around the wires behind the air box factory?

Right color coolant?

Anyone have any idea how much a new box side would be?

By the driver side battery there is a little tab/switch looking thing sticking up, is that for a remote start?

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
looks like a better truck than the last one you brought up. aftermarket exhaust has been put on there as well. i saw that it said it had a "hypermax diesel tweaks" emblem on it. not sure what that is and if it has a chip/tuner in it. that would be worth finding out

the overhead console...the doors broke off, pretty common, and id make them fix it before i would buy it.

Bed work...i would think a good body shop would be able to repair it, and you should not have to replace it.

other's we will weigh in im sure...

Bad Night

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 08 power fold / power telescope on my e99 . They look good and you can see way better in them .

mrwBronco

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Probably would be willing to go quite a ways for a perfect deal, such as texas, washington state. Problem with going far away is that it takes time to set up a trip, time in which truck may sell. Buying a truck around here chances are its been exposed to salt its whole life and is just about ready to rust through. Rather find one from a salt free state.

Manual trannys arn't too common are they?

I don't know if you're still looking but I would recommend the place I got my truck from in Houston. I was a bit nervous but they held the truck for $500 balance due upon my inspection, had me picked up at the airport in a limo and everything about the truck was exactly what they said. Truck is a '99 Crew Cab F-350 4x4 with the 7.3 & 6spd. At 230K miles I got it for about $12K. Love this truck but I am feeling kinda guilty such a rust free truck has to spend winters on New England salty roads.

If you or anyone else wants more info let me know.

Last edited:

hrc200x

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am still looking, so please PM me the info. My recent find was a '02 f250 for $17k with 115k miles, it is a short box though which is what may keep me from buying it, lariat, nice maroon/red color with grey on the bottom. Never had a 5th wheel, edge programer, and its around 500 miles from me.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check Arizona and Colorado for truck. Both are good for rust free vehicles. The thing to watch in an AZ vehicle is the interior. The heat down there tends to be harsh on interiors, especially the dash. Colorado doesn't use salt on the roads so rust isn't a big problem and the climate is a lot gentler on the interior. I bought my 05 in Denver with 71K miles for $23K. My rust doesn't have any rust on it anywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14