Smell in cab. Oil in turbo boot.

ynnad40

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys great site I have searched the forum trying to find my answers with not allot of luck.

I have a oil or exhaust smell in the cab with the heat on. Truck has blue smoke at start up. When I was checking for exhaust leaks I noticed the turbo boots had a little oil build up on them. Took them off to clean and inspect noticed oil in the turbo boot. If I had to guess this is my culprit of the smell in the cab.

05 f-250 crew cab 4X4 all stock with the exception of the missing kitty.

Thanks,
Danny

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The oil in the boots is from the Crankcase vent. It vents into the intake tract and is burned by the motor. A LITTLE blue smoke on start-ups is normal, but not a lot. The exhaust smell in the cab is probably from a leaking exhaust tube in the engine compartment. Look around some more.

Dave

jasonfrenchsr

THE BOSS 6.0
Reaction score
my truck was doing the same thing, and then it happened! my egr cooler went bad . put the delete kit on and went ahead and done a new cold air intake 2 . now when i cold start in the mornings it has very little smoke to none. it used to cover my next door neighbors yard up! had 128500 miles when it went down.should have seen what came out of my intake! black hard carbon ! made me wonder how it was evevn running? cant beleive those tree huggers are able to do this to our trucks? going to try to post some pic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58