SMOKE - BIG BLACK SMOKE!?!

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
so you jus run a wire to the blue on the turbo and then wat? ground it or run another back to the turbo again?

no all you have to do is run it to a toggle switch.. no ground.. the break in connection to the turbo is what makes this happen.... so you are simply just takin the little blue wire through a toggle switch before it goes to the turbo.. flip the switch and the connection is broke so the turbo no longer builds boost...

you can unplug that plug-in goin to the turbo (I can't remember what that is called) and see if it's going to work before you go through everything else.. you'll know really quick whether or not it's going to work...

go to youtube and type in "smoke switch" there is a black ford on there that has one.. you'll see what I mean..

Last edited:

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
It is easy to do and with a programmer there is a lot of black smoke, but is extremely slow at low rpms.

it's really easy to do and im not sure which programmors it will work with.. it only works on my high SCT tune and it won't work on my brothers highest edge setting so who knows... It is extremely slow.. it sounds horrible... but there is tons of smoke.. I really don't use mine much because it can't be good for the turbo or the motor...

one way to find out whether or not it will work is to pop the hood... unplug the VGT wires on the turbo close the hood.. fire her up and drive her down the block.. get on it when you do.. you'll know really fast whether or not it will work...

it'll look like this..... YouTube - Ford Powerstroke Black smoke SCT smokeswitch

and this..... YouTube - 06 SCT Powerstroke 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58