SMOKE - BIG BLACK SMOKE!?!

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Why would you want the truck to smoke? It makes us as a community look like complete cavemen. Its right up there with truck Nutz, confederate flags, chains and hooks dangling off rarely used trailer hitches, and drag racing on the streets. Save that $#it for the track or a sled pull.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i agree we have a bunch of spoiled kids runnin around and think its cool to blow smoke and they have no clue they are just pissin fuel down the drain. and like everyone says it makes us look bad and hurts the people that actually use their trucks to accomplish things besides bein cool. although when u do get the mercedes or some city folks on your a** its feels good to ocassionaly and politely back them off

StrokinHarley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang yall are harsh i mean the guy just asked a question and everybodys puttin him down tellin him hes dumb for wantin more smoke

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you want the truck to smoke? It makes us as a community look like complete cavemen. Its right up there with truck Nutz, confederate flags, chains and hooks dangling off rarely used trailer hitches, and drag racing on the streets. Save that $#it for the track or a sled pull.

Hey,,,,, :boxing Confederate flags are good .... yankee

An apology will be accepted. :smack

:lmao

Last edited:

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck doesnt smoke at all either, and its a good thing. A truck thats bellowing black smoke reminds me of a Honda with a Fart can on the back, WHY?? Plus, it gets soot all over the side of your truck....yuck.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
I think a little bit of smoke with a tuner is ok when you get on it, but if it's constantly rollin, then your wastin your money. I will say that it's fun to smoke out tailgaters sometimes though.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
there is an advantage to smoke, but not ridiculously black smoke, that is just for show..

but remember excess fueling will cause high egt's but this is due to the fact that the combustion event is still taking place after the exhaust valves have opened and is still burning in the exhaust manifold...
as these gasses are still rapidly expanding due to the combustion process it spools the turbo faster because the exhaust has more velocity and energy heading toward the turbine...
so for the sake of performance, some black smoke is necessary...

given two identically equipped trucks, the one making the smoke is going to be the quicker truck because it can get up on boost faster...

bigmike33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Edge Juice Module withe an AFE Intake and 4 inch exhaust. On the highest setting it does smoke. cheers

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58