smoke switch???

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok folks,

what the duece is a smoke switch?? does it harm anything (non-environmentally)??

search youtube for "smokeswitch on powerstroke" or similar and thousands of videos will pop up...

Thanks!!!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Over fueling causes smoke. I have heard of a switch that causes over fueling with a flip of the switch. Makes a smog making machine.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Diesel motors are a very different animal than gas motors. Fuel-to-air ratios are not at all the same as gassers. More fuel = more power. If you are accelerating out of a stop sign and you add a lot of fuel, you get smoke and heat. Diesels run hot with more fuel, where as gassers run hot with a lean A/F mixture, but no smoke. Totally opposite. A diesel ignites from compression and not a spark, so all of the fuel ignites when the piston gets to the top of the power stroke, so almost no fuel gets past the rings. If you get fuel past the rings, the motor will lock up, usually with catastrophic results.

Dave

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
facepalm.jpg

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
"Engage!" You can get a flip chip with a smoke tune. Def on my list when I get my chip hehe

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
daveben- nobody likes a smart *****..lmao :tounge

i just thought it would be cool to have on the truck if i wanted to tick some people off or fartin around...lol but at the same time i dont wanna tear my truck up...

i get my tuner this afternoon and that alone will produce some mosquito spray.

i miss the old days with my 91 12v (mechanical fuel pump) nicknamed "mosquito sprayer"

does anybody know who might have the pillar pod for pretty cheap?
besides the typical ebay sites...

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
daveben- nobody likes a smart *****..lmao :tounge

i just thought it would be cool to have on the truck if i wanted to tick some people off or fartin around...lol but at the same time i dont wanna tear my truck up...

i get my tuner this afternoon and that alone will produce some mosquito spray.

i miss the old days with my 91 12v (mechanical fuel pump) nicknamed "mosquito sprayer"

does anybody know who might have the pillar pod for pretty cheap?
besides the typical ebay sites...

Maybe the sponsors on here or try Jegs. I got my kit from them and they had just the pods that mount anywhere on the dash or pillar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg