Question Snow Plow Fitment

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone off hand know what interchangeability is between trucks for snow plows?
Specifically I am looking at taking the plow off of my brothers 2000 SD and putting it on my 2004 SD. I am guessing that it should fit since the first major overhaul on our trucks was in 2005, even though the plow would probably fit those as well.
I don't exactly remember the brand of the plow but it is a 9 foot power angle. It is either a Meyer or a Fischer.

Fine69

Reaction score
It should fit no problem, the only possible difference is your truck will have the Blocker Beam behind the front bumper, where your brothers truck probably doesn't.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
You might be able to find out by going to the web site for the plow maker. If they show different applications for the two different model years, then you have your answer.

I had a Western plow on a 86 GMC years ago. I know the the plow was always the same. But different trucks had variing mount frames that had to be installed on the truck. So you might be able to use the plow, just get the correct mount for your truck. That is if there is a difference.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
bob, when you say 'blocker beam' do you mean the 'air bag guard'...which is what i have sitting in my shed...or at least that is what i was told it was!!!:dunno

i was only gonna say that yes there would be slight differences in how the plow frame attaches to YOUR truck - as i have been told that each is slightly different...by the plow manufacture of mine...they custom make all brackets for EACH truck due to slight variations..:dunno

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Everything you guys said was what I was pretty much thinking. I was going to just buy a new plow but my brothers '00 is getting a little tired and I think we are going to retire it from plowing to get a couple more years out of it before he needs to get a new one.
You must have been reading my mind TG, I plan to check the website to see what year part numbers are listed by year.
No matter what, we can make it fit. Thats what they make torches and welders for:sly

Fine69

Reaction score
bob, when you say 'blocker beam' do you mean the 'air bag guard'...which is what i have sitting in my shed...or at least that is what i was told it was!!!:dunno

i was only gonna say that yes there would be slight differences in how the plow frame attaches to YOUR truck - as i have been told that each is slightly different...by the plow manufacture of mine...they custom make all brackets for EACH truck due to slight variations..:dunno

Yeah, we're probably referring to the same part. In the installation instructions for my Western, they referred to it as a "Blocker Beam". I believe it is there in case you got into a collision with a low car, you won't just ride up over them and basically kill everybody in the car.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yup, that is what i was told....low riding cars - it will set off the air bag...

welders/torches = best friend

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58