95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
so heres a twist....if the factory puts speakers in my truck
that are rated at 4w and i use an 75watt per channel amp
because i want a little cleaner power and i THINK i can
get a little more outta 'em...and i blow the speakers whos fault is
that ? the manufactures ?
puhleeeeeze............ have you ever seen me blame the manufacturer for any mod done to a system beyond stock, regardless of what system we are talking about?

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
so heres a twist....if the factory puts speakers in my truck
that are rated at 4w and i use an 75watt per channel amp
because i want a little cleaner power and i THINK i can
get a little more outta 'em...and i blow the speakers whos fault is
that ? the manufactures ?

best analogy ever!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
best analogy ever!

dontfeedmods2zw-1.gif
:D

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I am have always been a fan of if you want to go faster to buy a faster car. By the time you spend all the money and time to getting the car faster to where you want it you could have bought a car that was already there. AND that the manufacture has spent millions making sure that the car is reliable and that will live out its warranty. yes I said it a faster daily driver with warranty for less money and time than you would ever spend on a part made by some dudes that spent thousands in research instead of a super giant like international.

Now dont get me wrong. if I go out and buy a RS4 there is someone else out there with the exact same RS4. I bought a Mazda Protege5, the same P5 that I see moms and old asian women driving around 5 mph under the speed limit. This is my baby that I have spent hours apoun hours making this car mine, moded or what ever you want to call it I had FUN all day long doing this and will never stop (it never does). I set the track record (for my calss) this year at Blackhawk with this car, BUT it isnt my daily driver, on the mazda forums they say you will pay to play and right now it hasent started in over 4months.

my:2c

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Now dont get me wrong. if I go out and buy a RS4 there is someone else out there with the exact same RS4. I bought a Mazda Protege5, the same P5 that I see moms and old asian women driving around 5 mph under the speed limit. This is my baby that I have spent hours apoun hours making this car mine, moded or what ever you want to call it I had FUN all day long doing this and will never stop (it never does). I set the track record (for my calss) this year at Blackhawk with this car, BUT it isnt my daily driver, on the mazda forums they say you will pay to play and right now it hasent started in over 4months.

my:2c

Just so I understand what you are stating, it sounds like you are against making a PSD anymore powerful that what the manuf. have built it to do.

But yet you have a Protege 5 that you have enjoyed modding to make more HP than what it was originally intended for?

If so, bitter & sweet water cant flow from the same fountain. You cant have it both ways.

Anytime you start doing HP improvements, no matter what its on, the "pay to play" concept is still there.

Last edited:

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
well, you got it right. Its what I intended for each of these units.

I bought the car because Its sweet looking small light and a popular 2.0L that has many turbo and supercharger kits out there for it. I also new I could go with out the car for months at time. It hasent had tags for years. I guess some of you guys do this with Bikes or old muscle cars. Heres where I new I could have my "fun", and the need for reliability to 2 more HP is something like 10/90%.

I bought the truck on the info that you cant beat a diesel for reliability and gas millage when towing. And since all my money is sucked up into the race season I just wanted something with all the benefites that this superduty comes with. If anything I have only put on mods to the truck that extend the reliability! Never would I want to over stress something on the chance that I can reduce the service interval or create "tranny probs". Like my sig says Its more power than I need, thats why I bought this instead of some littil F150 and *****ing about gas millage and unsafe brakes and what not. Its already there and I love this truck. Not to mention every time something does go wrong there is a thread already here with a how-to fix it (thanks guys).

Im a Libra so my opinions are never really strong for either side sorry but merry Christmas people!:sled1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14