SoCAPS Meeting

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I'm a new member of Southern California Powerstrokes (SoCAPS) There is a meeting coming up this weekend. Here is a copied post from the Events Chairmen.

Here are the final details on the event:

Day/Date: Sunday/June 12, 2005
Beginning time: 10:30 AM
6925 Atlantic Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90805

Location on Southern California Map

The Rancho plant is located on the west side of Atlantic Avenue about a block north of the 91 freeway. The plant consists of four buildings. The parking entrance is the driveway on Atlantic. The lot has parking for about 60-70 vehicles.
Picture of the entrance to the plant on Atlantic Ave.
Street Map of the Location

The plant is located just NorthEast of the 91/710 interchange and beware, the off ramps are a little tricky to figure out.
If you're going North on the 710, you'll get off at Artesia, go East and then North on Atlantic.
If you're going South on the 710, you'll take the transition ramp to the 91 East and then take the Atlantic ramp off the transition.
If you're going East on the 91, you'll take the transition ramp to the 710 North and the Atlantic ramp off the transition.
If you're going West on the 91, you'll take the Atlantic off ramp.
If you're late to the meeting, we'll know you got lost. Check the map here for more detail:
91/710 Interchange Details

Everyone is welcome to attend the event...members and non-members (relatives, friends, neighbors, etc.)
There is no charge for attending the event.
Lunch will be by our own Chef Gene and will cost $7 per person.
There will be a raffle and tickets will cost $1 each (you must be present to win). Raffle items will be announced at the meeting.

Schedule for the event:
10:30AM Arrive and sign in. Get lunch and raffle tickets.
11:00AM Plant tour (To include manufacturing, shipping, and prototype research areas.)
12:00 Noon Lunch
1:00PM Raffle and SoCAPS meeting.
2:00PM End of the event! (Have a safe drive home!)

The Rancho Suspension Plant employs about 60 personnel.
They manufacture and ship about 750 to 900 suspension units a month. They are also a distribution point for Rancho shocks and Monroe products (manufactured in the Midwest).
2005 Rancho Suspension Web Page Note: They also make a leveling kit for the SuperDuty.

Rancho is not set up to sell directly from the plant, but there is a possibility they may be able to set up a discount sale to SoCAPS members through one of their distributors...we're working on this!! (It's a policy thing for Rancho and it may or may not be possible...the plant people are going to look into it.)

Members attending this event and signing in will receive a Star by their avatar!!

I look forward to seeing you there!!

SoCalDavis

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Very nice site here. I need to spend a little time and update my avatar and profile. I will be attending this meeting and suspect it's going to be a lot of fun! Hope we can get some new members to show up!

Chris

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Max Power said:
Don't forget to make them all aware of our site :D

Have fun guys!

Who can I paypal to buy everyone a beer?
Hey Max,
I put the link to this site over there with some good words about the people here. Hopefully we'll get a few of them to check it out. The people there seem are similar to the people I've met here. :thumbs
I'm going to try to attend the meeting this weekend, if work permits. It will be my first. Hope to put some faces with names.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58