Social Security, Signed up today

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
47 years ago, I signed up to start paying Social Security taxes. :( Today I signed up to start receiving the benefits of all those years of paying. :thumbs It actually wasn't like dealing with a bureaucracy. Not too bad of an experience. Things sure have improved with dealing with a govt agency.
Jim

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Dont you wish you could have had all that money you paid into the SSA invested in your own account over the past 47 years?

Congrats on your retirement. Im sure it was hard earned.

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JimmyDee said:
47 years ago, I signed up to start paying Social Security taxes. :( Today I signed up to start receiving the benefits of all those years of paying. :thumbs It actually wasn't like dealing with a bureaucracy. Not too bad of an experience. Things sure have improved with dealing with a govt agency.
Jim

Congrats! At the rate I'm going I'm about 30 years from seeing any . . .should be interesting to see if there's even a program by then!

Have a good one,
Dave

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I started getting my share a few years ago at 62.My company made a deal where I left at 59, increased pension til' SS kicked in.
Really a nice concept, stay home, people send you checks every month!
Warning! Retirement is a 24/7 occupation, I am thinking about a job so I can get a bit of rest. :thumbs

Last edited:

Diesel Music

Clan McQueen
Reaction score
I have to signup next month. I will be going to the Holland Office. That is where my wife signed up, it went pretty smooth. :sweet

The problem with getting old is getting old.

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you would like direct deposit, you may sign up over the internet.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
kenh said:
If you would like direct deposit, you may sign up over the internet.
I found that out after I got there but she said I still would have had to make a trip to their office to show them my drivers liecence and birth certificate so I just stayed and did everything I needed in one trip.
Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58