Soft Bed tonneau cover, velcro or button

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bob. This one does have velcro, but I hardley ever haul anything in my bed, so it will be closed 90% of the time.

Plus with the front of the cover hinged so you can access just the front, will be a nice feature.

I bet the man that patented the hinge idea made a fortune. Thats why I never really cared for them was because you had to crawl up to the front to get anything that slide up there.

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama,

I had the buttons on my first cover. This was good until winter and the cover shrank a bit due to cold weather making the snaps very difficult to use.

I now have the Velcro - much better in cold weather.

Butch Cassidy

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama,

I just put a Truxedo Low Pro on mine. Been great so far. When installing the rails with the factory clamps get them as tight as possible. It may have to do with the factory plastic bed rail caps, but mine originally kept slipping down. I tightened the clamps so that I had to close them with a hammer and piece of wood. I have had no problems since then.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The Truxedo Deuce came in the mail yesterday, still can't figure out how the mail lady got it to fit in the mail box :D

But installation will have to wait a couple of days, it's been raining (after 3 to 4 weeks of drought)

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama I know this is late but I have had three low profile truxedo covers,
and I love them, alot of my friends here have other brands and I have compared them for years, as long as you take care of the cover by regular cleaning with soap and water, then put a good quality protectant on it it will last for years. armorall is not good, I usally use what truxedo recomends.
;tu

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I finally got the chance to install it yesterday. Took about an hour and fits perfectly.

Now lets see if it will help me gain a mile or two per gallon.

Silver6.0

Drinkin Diesel
Reaction score
hey Bama can measure the front hinge part, like how far from the front of the box to where the hinge is, I have a toolbox in the front and want to see if i'll still be able to open it with the hinged part open, thanks in advance
Neil

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got the chance to install it yesterday. Took about an hour and fits perfectly.

Now lets see if it will help me gain a mile or two per gallon.

Sorry Bama but the mile or two wont happen. and it has been proven that just a empty bed with the tail gate up gets better milage.

Check it out on myth busters. :(

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Sorry Bama but the mile or two wont happen. and it has been proven that just a empty bed with the tail gate up gets better milage.

Check it out on myth busters. :(

The test that I remember MB doing was the tailgate down vs. the tailgate up.

They did not do a test where a tonneau cover was installed.

But hey, it still looks good :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14